Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Everybody Starts Somewhere. . .

I wrote my first adventure today and I am beyond nervous about it. Not only is it a system we've never played before, which makes it solely my domain--that actually makes it a smidge better, not to have to follow after my husband who is an amazing GM--but I've never run a game that went really well. Oh, my awesome husband's always willing to tell me it was fine, but most of the time I highly doubt his sincerity. It's not his fault. I'm just not great at GMing, but in my defense, I also don't have 25 years experience. In fact, I have zero years experience.

Which brings me to what the heck I'm doing here. To call me a "reluctant GM" would be a huge understatement. But, unlike all the other times I said I'd do it and then promptly procrastinated until the hubs dropped it, I'm really going to give it an honest go this time. I found a system I wanted to play and was informed, without ceremony, that if I wanted to play it, I had to GM it. Although, I got him to admit at dinner tonight that if I'd flatly refused, he would have done it. He wants to play too.

So, now that I have players--my husband, Matt, and a friend, I've always been fond of the cozy gaming group--and an adventure, I don't suppose I'll be able to procrastinate much longer. I've just to finish reading over the rules and we'll be off. Wish me luck and come back to find out how it went. I'm an avid blogger, blogging gives me a kind of courage and inspiration I can't get any other way, so a blog seemed the perfect companion as I fumble along. I'll learn this and share my successes, and inevitable failures, as well as my games and some tips I get from my husband's two-plus decades of experiences, along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment